Many aspects of teaching utilize visual aids, models, and diagrams. With the materials contained in this kit, these visual aids can quickly and easily be made into tactile representations.
The contents of this kit enhance instruction of basic to advanced concepts in science, math and language courses. Get creative and let's see how you use this kit to help your student succeed.
Tactile Adaptation Kit -
No longer available
• Textured dots for coding in various sizes and textures
• Ten small magnets (about ¾ in.)
• Ten round magnets ½ in. in diameter with adhesive backing
• Two large round magnets
• Plastic print magnetic letters in upper and lower case 1.5 inch high
• Magnetic plastic numbers (two of each numbers 1.5 inch high)
• Six foam sheets backed with magnetic sheets in three different textures 5 ½ by 9 in.
• Twelve sheets of foam in various colors 5 ½ by 9 in.
• Magnetic textured strips in various colors ½ in. wide
• 48 inches of magnetic adhesive strips ½ inch wide
• 5 pipe cleaners 12 in. long in different colors with magnets attached
• Ten sticks of hot glue (two sticks textured)
• Hot glue gun
• Magnetic backed 12 in. tactile ruler
• Magnetic backed protractor with tactile marks for measuring angles
• Magnetic bulletin board (size 11 X 14 in.)
• Erasable marker for bulletin board
• 12 pieces of waxed string in various colors
• 8 ½ X 11 in. Braille label sheet
• Plastic case for magnetic white board
• Storage box for all kit materials
• CD containing many suggestions and examples of representing visual concepts as tactile representations using the materials contained in the Tactile Adaptation Kit™, and a list of information resources for teaching science to visually impaired and blind students
Price: $249 + s/h
Tactile Adaptation Kit: Updated Contents, New Kit Price: $249