Students can measure solids and liquids with measuring cups, measuring spoons, notched syringes, or marked beakers. The chemical resistant, plastic beakers can be used to measure 250, 100, or 50 mL of liquids and vessels for reactions. The plastic syringes of various sizes can measure from 50 mL of liquid down to 0.1 mL of liquid (0.1 mL of a liquid is about three drops).
The plastic bottles and jars (wide mouths) are squat and this makes the chemical resistant bottles and jars stable and less likely to be knocked over during experiments. These jars and bottles can be labeled with masking tape and a marker and also Braille.
Various sized liquid funnels are provided to make pouring of liquids easy. A plastic powder funnel with a wide stem allows solid powders to be added to containers with precision. The Spring Scale (0 to 1000 g range) has tactile marks every 100 g and also Braille labels by the marks.
Multi-Sensory Lab Gear Kit
No longer available
- Talking Thermometer (range -4 to 248°F)
- Spring Scales with tactile markings and Braille
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Funnels for liquids and one powder funnel
- Plastic 30 mL bottles and 2 plastic 125 mL bottles (with mL markings on bottles)
- Plastic 50 mL jars
- Glass 50 mL squat jars
- Plastic beakers with tactile marks (50, 100, and 250 mL sizes)
- Syringes with tactile marked barrels (50, 20, 5, and 1 ml sizes)
- Chemical resistant plastic stirring rods
- Beral-Type Pipet droppers
- Mini Hot Glue Gun for customizing lab gear with tactile marks, letters, or numbers
- Instruction CD
- Carrying box or bag for kit
Price: $249 + s/h
Multi-Sensory Lab Gear Kit: Updated Contents, New Kit Price: $249